Plenty of people have asked about where Edvin is. Where are you Edvin?
– Here. Today we’ll be fishing for roach and tench in the central part of the city. With me I have Freddy Torstensson … and Edvin Johansson. I have not pursued any specimen fishing yet – really excited to catch big roach and tench. Good spot, fun! Important to get the ground bait out in order to attract the fish. Let’s do it. Today we’ll use sutarkung from Swedbait. Will be good due to the huge amount of tench. Unable to open the bag up – let’s toss it in! Look! A school of fish has come! Two kilos of ground bait is suitable for an evening. Time to moisture it and put in some corn as well. Corn is great for tench. Let’s crack it open. The corn juice is great due to it’s smell. Don’t waste it! A can! Almost two cans in total. Get them in. In order to make firm balls we need some water. Not too much! Plenty of vegetation. So we’ll fish rather close to the shore, 3-4 meters out. The fish is close. Freddy has placed the float and Edvin will try to make the casts as close as possible to the float. And now it takes like 20-30 minutes for the ground bait to do it’s magic. In the previous video I mentioned a Q&A … and this is that video. Let’s answer some questions. Zackarias Jafar asks whats the biggest catch on specimen fishing. Bream at above 5 kg and pike on 9.7 kg. My biggest bream weighs 7.64 kg and pike on 10.14 kg. Second question, Viggo asks when the next video of all members of Team Galant gathered will be released. Me, Edvin and Philip will be fishing for pike in the weekend. Zander and perch another time. Two videos released in a short while. There are plenty of ways you can fish, such as at the bottom. Float fishing above the weeds, 7 meter top knot rod. Edvin what are you going to use? I’ll use float fishing on a spinning rod. 8 foot, small float at 2 grams. No resistance in order to avoid the hook from getting spit out. I’m attaching corn, works out the best. I use a single one – two works as well. We’ve been fishing for twenty minutes. Decent roach, maybe we should net it. Decent! First roach for today – around 400 grams. Very nice, so fun in the middle of the city … you don’t need to head out on a huge trip to catch them sometimes. Let’s release it. Swim home again! Hooked up on my first roach. Number five. Not as big as Edvin’s but yet decent. Nice roach? Good bye, live a good life. Been quite slow. The tench – most desired fish, tend to become active a bit later in the evening. Let’s do some more questions. Lo-fi asks me about my three favorite species to fish for. It is, pike, perch and roach. Team Flexy wonders where we’re fishing. We fish at the water otherwise we would hook some people easily … not too fun, getting sued or beat up etc. So the water is preferred. There! Nice fish, tench! Hooked up on the first tench for today. Seems to have become active. When you catch one you tend to catch more. This is why I use a top knotted rod – the fights are insane. Let’s land it. Who’s coming? Hello Philip!
– I heard you catch fish. You can net it! Perfect timing.
– I got the feeling you need some help. What a king! Give me five, perfect. When catching a tench you tend to catch more. Good start. Philip was not supposed to come – why did you come? I heard you were here and I wanted to give you company. Let’s release it – around 1.3 kg. Hopefully we’ll catch some more. Bye bye! It swam away. There there! Fish! Big one!
– A carp. Press it Tobbe!
– I am!
I love fishing tench since they’re so strong. Get it. Thanks! Not the same size as the previous one – but there are bigger ones here. Let’s release it quickly and keep going … it seems like they have become more active. Bye bye! Relax Freddy!
– He’s hooked up! I have not caught a tench but I’ve caught a big roach.
– I haven’t caught anything either. Is it “the spot”? Is it seriously?
– It is! It is him!
– How is he still alive? Smaller and smaller by each year. I have caught this tench around 7 times. It has these spots. This is a proof that catch and release works. Edvin has caught this plenty of times before … easily noticeable due to it’s spots. My first tench on a rod ever. My old buddy right there Freddy.
– Thanks, now it’s my friend as well. Neo wonders if you can catch perch on corn. Yes you can, I’ve done it plenty of times … but it’s not the most suitable bait. Perch does not prefer corn. Sweden Now wonders if we eat the fish we catch. Not that often – oh a bite! Not that often – but when we do it’s usually char or zander. Otherwise we don’t. Halm Stad wonders what size we use for the braid when specimen fishing. I’m using 0.22 mm nylon as main line and 0.17 mm nylon line as leader … since if you’re getting snared in the bottom you only lose your leader! Good advice from me! Another roach. This place deliver many roach in the wait for tench. Let’s release it! First one for the day that’s crazy. I caught one but let’s catch Edvin’s.
– It’s fighting, completely crazy. Dubbel trouble! This is how tench fishing should be, action!
Lovely tench! Not a fish you eat as well. Release them and catch them again again and again. Edvin’s hooked up again. Get him! Second for me today – 6 in total. A male due to it’s belly, like sharp edges. The edges I talked about.
– Like wings. How nice! Evening tench. Good activity, Freddy has a bite right after I released mine. Let’s keep going for a while. Been a good day for the boys, caught plenty of fish. I’ve only spectated. Like and comment … if you want more of these videos where I only watch. Don’t forget to follow us at Instagram and Facebook … take care bye!